Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Inkheart

I loved Inkheart. LOVED IT! I am about to put Inkspell on hold at the library, when I finish blogging. And, now I can go see the movie. Maybe I will take the boys to see it this weekend. Corey is going to Alabama on Saturday, so perhaps the boys and I can make a date of it. They can be my Valentines. :) I think they will adore this story just as much as I did. It has enough action and enough scary stuff to satisfy them. They will be amazed by Dustfinger's abilities with fire. As a matter of fact, I think going to the movies this weekend is the best idea I have had in ages.

I am completely flattered that Meggie reminded Dana of me. What cinched it for me was when Meggie admitted she wanted to be able to do what her father could do, when she read. I have to say, I would have been wishing the same thing. As dangerous as the ability obviously was, I can see myself curling up with a good book and trying to read out a favorite character. Or read myself into the pages. The possibilities here are endless, really.

The ending was a good one. Not so happy as to be cheesy, but still a happy ending. I can't wait to see the movie and read the next book.

Heather

1 comment:

  1. I loved the movie, but haven't yet read the books. Wyatt's been a huge fan of Inkheart & Inkspell for quite some time and just bought Inkdeath. You also might enjoy The Thief Lord.

    ReplyDelete